Saturday, September 29, 2012

Great Musical Acts Come to SA

In the past three years of living in South Africa, quite a few big-name acts have come through. My first year, I saw U2 live, along with 110,000 other fans, in Soccer City. My second year, Coldplay performed in the same venue and even filmed part of their "Paradise" video during that concert. (try to spot me! ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G4isv_Fylg)

In that line, this year I have tickets to see Linkin Park, Adam Lambert, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Jealous yet?

I say this to explain my dereliction regarding posts yesterday and today--I'm going to see AFROJACK! Afrojack is a Dutch DJ, possibly most famous for "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull, ft. Afrojack (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPo5wWmKEaI). He is playing in Joburg this afternoon.

My one disappointment is that I wasn't able to get Lady Gaga tickets before she sold out. :(

Living in Africa doesn't mean you have to give up awesome concerts!

No comments:

Post a Comment